HEDI SLIMANE: A TRIBUTE FOR SAINT LAURENT

4/04/2016 12:32:00 am

The title of this post sounds like I'm mourning the death of Hedi (although he is very much still alive), but that is almost what it feels like after hearing the news of his departure from Saint Laurent (might be a slight exaggeration there but I'm gonna go with it for dramatic effect). Saint Laurent changed my perspective of fashion and menswear in particular. Slimane's designs made me wish I was a guy, simply so I could look THAT cool in a pair of leather trousers and a button up shirt. Basically, Saint Laurent served me greatness season after season and it makes me very sad that the man that has inspired my own personal style is parting ways with such an incredible brand. It took me a few days to type up this post as since the news was released on April 1st, I wanted to believe that it was all a terrible April Fools prank. Unfortunately not, so instead I'm going to leave you with a collection of my favourite looks so we can all look back at his wonderful era together and appreciate what Hedi brought to the fashion industry. 

















You Might Also Like

0 comments