OUTFIT INSPIRATION

4/13/2014 01:49:00 am

Throughout the past years, being influenced by fashion has been a large part of my life. Whenever there was a new trend I would purchase it, and looking back my outfit choices, they tended to be very mainstream (soz for the "hipster" word choice). I didn't seem to take a lot of independence in my outfit choices, and I was afraid to step outside the box - choosing to look up to people who's outfit choices weren't anything but mediocre. Since it has been my lifelong goal to make it into the fashion industry, over the past few months I have realised that if I were to stick to the same fashion choices, that I wouldn't stand a chance in making some sort of impact in such a hectic and swamping society. So with this in mind, in order to make a change in my outfits, I would have to make a change in the people who I looked up to. I've been trying to explore styles that I wouldn't of dared to tried a few months ago in hope that I would find outfits where I would feel good and comfortable in. By looking up to new people, they have helped me to inspire my outfits and find a style where I felt comfortable, and more "myself" in. I felt like in this weeks blog post I would share with you's who my main fashion influences are at the moment, as it seems like due to them, my style has made a drastic turning point when compared to this time last year.

1) Matthew Healy - The 1975 



When I first started listening to The 1975 shortly after August, their fashion wasn't the first thing I acknowledged. But as my love for them grew, the more frequently I would see candids and photo shoots appearing on my Tumblr dashboard. The first thing that caught my eye was how cool, yet simple their outfits were (especially Matty's). That sort of dark, drapey style had always been something I was scared to try out. But as they say, when you go black you don't go back. I loved how black made my outfits seem edgier, yet it brought a form of class and simplicity. Although I try to make my outfits seem above average when I use this style, it isn't always successful. However, looking at Matthew Healy's style has helped me visualise new designs that I would like to attempt to make when I get the time, which gives me something exciting to work towards.

2) Selena Gomez


Selena's style has always been something I've both been attracted and pulled away from, but recently I have found myself reblogging her outfits quite frequently. Her outfits influence me to try out a more girly, boho look (which is hard to get me to try out). She takes recent style and interoperates it in her own way - making it look unique and her own. Selena's outfits seem to range from using neutral colours to going bright and bold, which reminds me that you're not limited to revolving around the same colour palette. As I'm not the most adventurous person when it comes to style right now, Selena's style inspires me to step outside the box which is what I feel I need to do more of. 

3) Harry Styles


His outfits always seem to be on point. Whenever new candids are released, I am rarely disappointed in the clothes that Harry tends to put together. His style has pushed me to go more sports luxe and try out dressing down casual looks. I love the whole formal shoes, casual shirt direction that Harry is going in and his confidence to wear things that you wouldn't see on a day to day basis. Like Selena, Harry takes fashion and twists it to suit what he likes and what he feels comfortable wearing, which I think is important when you're trying to find your desired style. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments