MY FAVOURITE 2014 SUMMER TRENDS

6/15/2014 12:15:00 pm

Summer is basically here, well that's what I can tell from the good weather we're having here which is quite a surprise. Since I am currently skint in the finance department, I can only sit here and lust over the beautiful (and often expensive) summer clothes that the high street have to offer. Instead of dreaming about these items of clothing in my head, I can share them with you here so you can lust with me.


1) TROPICAL PRINTS
The Paradise Print Lolita Crop | American Apparel
I'm currently loving the tropical/jungle prints that are coming into shops at the moment. They bring some zest and colour into the market and I find them incredibly fun. Depending on the tones and colours in your piece, they can also be worn in winter if you opt for dark, richer colours. However a lot of the ones you will find right now are bright and eye catching, which is great if you want to make an outfit look more alive in an easy way. I would pair one of these tops with a pair of white high waist jeans, or maybe a white skirt (which is another style I am also L O V I N G right now).


2) BRALETS
   
Talula
I think bralets are a classy way to show off your underwear through shirts, and I love it. If you choose the correct style of top (something loose fitted with a v-neck) and wear a bralet underneath it so the lace is just peaking through, it can bring more complexity to a simple piece. I find that wearing a bralet that contrasts to your shirt makes your outfit stand out and can add some minor details to make a basic outfit look more put together.


3) FEDORAS
Black Felt Fedora Hat
I mentioned my love for fedoras in my previous "Festival Essentials" post and I'm gonna talk about them again. Fedoras are so simple but they can make an outfit look complete. I cannot contain my love for fedoras, if I had unlimited money I would have a wardrobe filled with them. A fedora is basically an accessory that will not date, and can match your outfit whether your style is classy or grungy. Plus they are reasonably inexpensive on the high street in the likes of New Look and River Island. 



4) ROUND SUNGLASSES
Sunglasses
Another item that I have mentioned previously. I just love round sunglasses. Since I tend to sway towards a more grungy style, these can make the difference between a "meh" outfit and a perfect outfit. They also work well with all styles, it all depends on the frame you pick up. You can get different variations of round sunglasses almost everywhere, so there is bound to be a pair that are perfect for you. Plus, they tend to be pretty timeless so you can wear them forever. 

- E x 




You Might Also Like

0 comments