MY FESTIVAL ESSENTIALS

6/01/2014 11:25:00 am

Festival season is definitely one of my favourite times of the year. Not only because of the atmosphere and the live music, but for the fashion. Festival fashion takes a break from the ordinary, and you can see people in their element in the terms of personal style. Today I thought I would give you an insight of my top 7 fashion essentials for festivals, inspired by my own tastes.



A kimono is a piece that I think would look great at festivals. It shows off a bohemian vibe, but it can look very different depending on the style of kimono you get. I personally love ones with lace and/or tassels, which you can get almost anywhere from H&M to Nasty Gal. They tend to be quite pricey, but I have recently made my own using this DIY tutorial. I found that it was a lot cheaper than buying one from a shop, and relatively simple to make. Overall, a kimono would be perfect if you were trying to capture that classic, bohemian festival look.

Round sunglasses are a new found love of mine. I think they are timeless and can change the look of an outfit. I would say that they would be great for someone trying to achieve a grungy festival look, especially if you opt for a darker frame and lens. I feel that adding sunglasses to a simple outfit can complete it, and that you should definitely pack them if you plan on heading to any festivals - this can also apply to everyday life.

A bumbag is one of my favourite trends that would look GREAT at festivals.  I'm one of these people who hates carrying around a handbag at festivals because I feel like it's too much responsibility as there is a large chance that I will leave it somewhere. With a bumbag, you can pack all the things you need - your phone, glasses, money etc. - and they can be right by your side 24/7. Plus you won't even feel like you're carrying anything. What's better than that?

A fedora is a style that I used last festival season and I am so happy that I'll be able to use it again this year. From my perspective, the fedora adds some class to an outfit. Plus, it will hide your hair if you're having a terrible hair day (which is likely if you're staying in a tent). Like the sunglasses, a fedora can completely change the look of a simple outfit which is great if you're wanting to keep packing to a minimum.

The bandana can be used in two ways - as a headband, or a scarf. Using it as a headband adds a hippie sorta vibe, yet I think it looks incredibly cool at festivals. For using it as a scarf, I saw some people at Coachella wearing their scarfs in a sherif style which I fell in love with. If that didn't make sense, it's basically putting the scarf into a triangle and tying it at the back of your neck. It's a style that isn't worn by many, which would be great if you're wanting to show some individuality within the crowd. 

Wellies are an essential if you're going to be going to a festival in the UK. As it is well known that our weather is incredibly unpredictable, it's good to be well prepared. You don't want to be treading the fields in a pair of good shoes, right? Wellies are great for keeping the water out, keeping you clean and it has the classic, UK festival look. I highly recommend you bring them with you, you will regret it when it's pouring down.

A waterproof parka is another essential aimed at UK festival goers. As I said before, the weather is unpredictable, therefore you need to be ready for the worst. I would recommend you went for a waterproof, transparent jacket as then your outfit would still be visible while you're staying dry. Plus, a waterproof jacket secretly look pretty cool at festivals. 

(Find the items used in this blog post here)


You Might Also Like

0 comments