MY HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS

6/08/2014 03:06:00 pm

There seems to be a bit of a theme coming along here (completely unintentionally, may I add), however I thought I would share something with you which may be useful to those who have never been on holiday before. Since I am very lucky to be going on holiday to Spain and Malta this year, I more or less have a clear idea of the things I will be taking with me (fashion wise). I thought it would be fun for me to share with you what I would take to another country which could give you new ideas on what you could bring, or maybe our packing essentials are completely the same. Either way, I thought it could be quite an interesting post because after all, everyone has a different way of doing things.


1) THE BEACH ESSENTIALS
Obviously if you're going to be heading to the beach, you're going to need to be beach ready. A bikini/swimsuit is an essential if you're going to be taking a dip in the sea, or in the pool. The high street are selling amazing swimsuits/bikinis at affordable prices, I've recently bought two from Topshop and they are fab - in the terms of their appearance and quality. 
A cover-up is also perfect just to throw over your swim costume if you're going out for lunch or anything similar after lying out in the sun. These are literally available EVERYWHERE right now, they are hard to miss and they won't cost you a fortune (unless you opt for something a little more glamorous and higher end). I find that it's easy to find a kaftan that looks a lot more expensive than it is on the high street, without the hefty price tag.
Sandals are a must, for the beach especially - you don't want sand getting into your trainers right? Finding one pair of sandals that you could use at day and night time could save you money as well as having one less pair of shoes to pack. 
Having a bag that you could use as a beach bag, a handbag and a carry on bag would be the ultimate way to save room. Get something that's roomy and comfortable to carry, and you're set to go.

2) PROTECTION
If you're going somewhere hot, it's obvious that you're going to need to protect your skin from the sun. Using suntan lotion and a lip balm with a suitable SPF is something that I use constantly on holiday. At nights, using aftersun stops my skin from going dry and having a good pair of sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun rays (and stop you from squinting, which will help recede under eye wrinkles. Bonus.). 

3) A CAMERA
You're going to want to capture the moments you want to remember forever, and a camera does exactly that. Whether you use a polaroid, a DSLR or your phone, anything that can capture a memory does the job. I love taking photos of places I go so I can always remember them, and it's up to you whether you want to share them with friends or not. After all, making them a little jealous does no great harm.

4) A JACKET/JUMPER
Hopefully you won't need this but it's good to be prepared. If the sky is clear the nights could become a little chilly, so having a light jumper or jacket to keep you warm could come in handy. I think a kimono would be perfect as they are lightweight, plus the thin material can be rolled up and tucked into your bag in case it's needed. 

5) COMFORTABLE CLOTHES 
I hate wearing jeans, sandals and a pullover on a flight. I feel like trainers are comfortable for walking around in whether it's at the airport or where you're going on holiday. You can't really go wrong with a cool pair of high waist shorts and a crop top, just in case you want to look like you've made an effort in what you're wearing. As long as it's comfy, it's good.


You Might Also Like

0 comments